Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Oncologist and Plastic Surgeon

I met my new oncologist last Thursday. He had a resident with him who came in first to examine me and he asked me a few questions and answered mine. Then he came back with Dr S. He didn't do much since the other guy did everything already anyway. Everything checks out, my bloodwork and last heart scan were all good. He wrote me another prescription for the Tamoxifen and he did tell me that my last Herceptin treatment will be on July 29. I thought it was going to be the end of June but I guess one more month isn't that big of difference. I will only see him one more time about a week before my last treatment and then he will sign me off to my family physician.

Way back in Sept I went to see Dr H to be referred to the plastic surgeon (I chose Dr. Z) for reconstruction. I still don't know what I will do or even if I will do anything. I just want to talk to him and find out what my options are. He sent another letter in February for me and I still hadn't heard anything so I decided to call and find out where my name was on their waiting list. I am sure glad I called as they said they never heard of me and they had no letters from Dr. H!! WTH??? So I called his office and the secretary said yes both letters went and she printed them off and she was going to fax them to Dr. Z. The long and short of it is that they somehow misplaced not one but TWO letters from the same patient and now I have an appointment for June. Hopefully this will give me some leverage to get any surgery dates pushed ahead for me!

2 comments:

Heather A said...

Hi Berny! Wow! You sure do have to make sure you do your own follow up, don't you! I would say they owe you a bump up to the top of their appointment list!

Are you going to have a big party after your last Herceptin injection? It is one of many milestones through all this yuck! Do celebrate the moment ... maybe a little Fiesta with your Fiesta Ware!

Berny said...

Good idea although I think I might just have the energy for a siesta rather than a fiesta!